SATURDAY, AUG. 24
• The Scottsboro Lions Club will host its annual party at Goose Pond Civic Center with doors opening at 6 p.m. It will be a hot dog dinner followed by free bingo at 7 p.m. Advanced tickets are $12 and $14 at the door.
• The Anderson Family Reunion will be held at Mud Creek BBQ, beginning at 12 p.m. It is a Dutch treat.
*Revere Reunion at Jackson County Park. B-B-Q, potato salad provided. Bring other things, dessert of choice and other condiments, bread and drink for yourself. For more information, call Tommy at 256-575-9180. Come and enjoy the food and fellowship.
SUNDAY, AUG. 25
• The Maynor Family Reunion will be held at the Jackson County Park Pavilion. Join us for lunch, beginning at 12 p.m. Bring a covered dish.
MONDAY, AUG. 26
• Bridgeport Masonic Lodge #543 and Order of Eastern Star #181 will be cooking Boston Butts for Labor Day holiday on Thursday, Aug. 29. Pickup and delivery will be on Friday, Aug. 30 by noon. If you are interested in ordering a Boston Butt for $30, please place your order with Steve Cooper at 23-443-7697 by today.
• The Jackson County Chapter 1901 of the National Active and Retired Federal Employees (NARFE) will meet at Western Sizzlin with lunch beginning at 11 a.m. The meeting will begin at 12 p.m. Guest speaker will be Capt. Erik Dohring, of the Scottsboro Police Department. We welcome guests of our members and local citizens to join us.
WEDNESDAY, AUG. 28
• A free forestry income workshop will be hosted by the Alabama Cooperative Extension System and the Jackson County Natural Resources Planning Committee, from 9 a.m. until 2 p.m., at the Scottsboro VFW Post Home, located at 1616 Jefferson Drive. The day will include talks on Alabama’s forest industry, timber markets, non-timber income and financial assistance and will conclude with a portable sawmill demonstration. Registration is free and lunch and handouts are provided. Call Jackson County Extension office at 256-574-2143 to register.
THURSDAY, AUG. 29
• Former Auburn head football coach Tommy Tuberville, who is seeking the Republican nomination for U.S. Senate, will be at Mud Creek BBQ Restaurant, from 6:30 p.m. until 8 p.m. Attendance is free, and donations will be accepted.
FRIDAY, AUG. 30
• The Knights of Columbus, Council #7679 will host its 14th annual BBQ by order only. Orders will need to be in by Aug. 25. Pick up orders at St. Jude Hall on Aug. 31. Order forms will be at St. Jude Church and at Hodges Real Estate, located at 210 East Laurel Street, Suit D, in Scottsboro. Or call Gordon Hodges at 256-575-9012 to place orders. There will be St. Louis Style Ribs, whole pork loins, Boston Butts and one-half chicken.
SATURDAY, AUG. 31
• Jackson County Habitat for Humanity will have a benefit BBQ lunch and silent auction to help a local family. The event will be held at Warehouse 207, located at 207 West Willow Street in Scottsboro, from 11 a.m. until 2 p.m.
• Fackler Community Center will host a Bluegrass Evening, from 3:30-7:30 p.m. Donations will be accepted for the community center. The event will feature Parnell Creek, Cumberland Mountain Boys and a surprise group.
WEDNESDAY, SEPT. 4
• Woodville Public Library’s Preschool Reading Group, for ages 1-5, will begin at 10:30 a.m. in the library. Caretakers are required to stay. Birthdays are celebrated the last Wednesday of each month. Other holidays are also celebrated. Please join us for stories, arts and crafts and more. For information, contact the Woodville Public Library at 256-776-2796. Check out our Facebook page.
• Painting classes start back at the Jackson County Senior Center, located at 146 Rita Williams Drive in Scottsboro. Classes are held on Wednesdays, from 9 a.m. until noon. Darliene Carter teaches the class and everyone is welcome. Call Darliene for details at 256-632-6100.
FRIDAY, OCT. 4
• Join the Pisgah Civitan Club for another bingo night at Pisgah High School, from 6-9 p.m. $2 per game sheet or $20 for 12 game sheets. Concessions will be available including hot dogs, nachos and cheese, popcorn, cookies and drinks. Lots of door prizes.
SATURDAY, OCT. 5
• Pisgah Civitan Club is hosting its second import car show, from 10 a.m. until 5 p.m, at the Pisgah Civitan Park. Participants can enter a car in the show for $20, or spectators can pay $5 a carload to attend. There will be multiple categories and prizes for the top cars. Concessions will be available, and there will be live music throughout the day. For more information, contact Bradley Jones at 256-717-4705.