TUESDAY, AUG. 6
• There will be a free childbirth class in the education center of Highlands Medical Center, beginning at 6 p.m. To register or learn more, call 256-218-3330.
SATURDAY, AUG. 10
• Rosalie Community Center will host a fish fry/chicken finger dinner, beginning at 11 a.m. Plates are $7 and include baked beans, coleslaw and fries. Come help support your community.
THURSDAY, AUG. 15
• The annual Roll Tide BBQ will be held at the Goose Pond Civic Center, beginning at 6 p.m. The guest speaker will be former Alabama quarterback John Parker Wilson. Tickets are $20 in advance and $25 at the door. Tickets are on sale at the Mountain Lakes Chamber of Commerce, Lackey Law Firm, Tally and Tally Law Firm, First Jackson Bank in Bridgeport or any member of the Jackson County Bama Club Executive Committee. There will be a live auction, Mud Creek BBQ and lots of door prizes. For more information, call Rick Roden at 256-628-1212 or email him at email@example.com.
SATURDAY, AUG. 24
• The Scottsboro Lions Club will host its annual party at Goose Pond Civic Center with doors opening at 6 p.m. It will be a hot dog dinner followed by free bingo at 7 p.m. Advanced tickets are $12 and $14 at the door.
• The Anderson Family Reunion will be held at Mud Creek BBQ, beginning at 12 p.m. It is a Dutch treat.
*Revere Reunion at Jackson County Park. B-B-Q, potato salad provided. Bring other things, dessert of choice and other condiments, bread and drink for yourself. For more information, call Tommy at 256-575-9180. Come and enjoy the food and fellowship.
WEDNESDAY, AUG. 28
• A free forestry income workshop will be hosted by the Alabama Cooperative Extension System and the Jackson County Natural Resources Planning Committee, from 9 a.m. until 2 p.m., at the Scottsboro VFW Post Home, located at 1616 Jefferson Drive. The day will include talks on Alabama’s forest industry, timber markets, non-timber income and financial assistance and will conclude with a portable sawmill demonstration. Registration is free and lunch and handouts are provided. Call Jackson County Extension office at 256-574-2143 to register.
FRIDAY, AUG. 30
• The Knights of Columbus, Council #7679 will host its 14th annual BBQ by order only. Orders will need to be in by Aug. 25. Pick up orders at St. Jude Hall on Aug. 31. Order forms will be at St. Jude Church and at Hodges Real Estate, located at 210 East Laurel Street, Suit D, in Scottsboro. Or call Gordon Hodges at 256-575-9012 to place orders. There will be St. Louis Style Ribs, whole pork loins, Boston Butts and one-half chicken.