•True Word Ministries will host 16th Annual Gospel Singing at the Tom Beville Enrichment Center in Rainsville on Aug. 4, at 5 p.m. Singing and refreshments are free but a love offering will be taken and donations to cover cost of rent/food. Singers are: The Grace church Family, Julia Rautenburg, True Word, Robert O'Dell and Two 4 One. Everyone welcome. Julia Rautenburg will be the guest speaker and singer at True Word Ministries on August 5 at 5 p.m.
•Singing at Rudders Chapel Baptist Church starts Monday, Aug. 6 with Bro. Tim McCulley Tuesday, Aug. 7 with Bro. Aaron McCulley and special singer, Benny Berry; Wednesday, Aug. 8 with Bro. Buster McCulley nightly at 7 p.m. Rev. Shoemake invites everyone.
•Letcher Church of God will hold Revival services Wednesday, Aug. 8-Friday, Aug. 10 with Evangelist Keith Owensby. Nightly services at 7 p.m. Everyone is invited.
•Gospel Singing Benefit for Tim and Nina Elliott for expenses due to the sudden passing of their son, at Snowford Church Co. Rd. 70 in Stevenson. Saturday, Aug. 11 at 4 p.m. with special singers, The Askew Family and others. Auction will be held and refreshments sold. For more information, call 256-437-0405
•Mercy Temple Church of God in Pisgah will be in Revival Aug. 5 through 9 with Matt & Allison Hartley. Sunday beginning at 5:00, Monday - Thursday beginning at 6:30 p.m.
•Revival at Southgate Baptist Church in Scottsboro Sunday, Aug. 5. Guest speaker, Evangelist Steve Freeman will be preaching and singing at the 11 a.m. and 6 p.m. services. for more information call 256-244-0015. Everyone invited.
•Shiloh Baptist Church will be hosting The Sammy Glass Family in concert on Saturday, Aug. 11, 2012, at 6:00 p.m. The church is located at 3516 South Broad Street, Scottsboro, AL (Across the street from Save-A-Lot). Everyone is welcome.
•Agape Baptist Church will have AWANA registration Sunday, Aug. 5, at 5:30 p.m. First club meeting will be Aug. 12. AWANA is for children ages 3-grade 6. for more information, call 256-574-5992.
•Homecoming at Rudders Chapel in Stevenson. Speaker Bro. Buster McCulley on Aug. 5 at 7 p.m. with special singers, Nat Cisco, and 3 Generations. Bro. Shoemake invites everyone.
• First United Methodist Church, downtown Bridgeport, will have Homecoming on Sunday, Aug. 19. Services will begin at 11 a.m. with lunch following the service. New pastor, Heidi C. Bender, will be bringing the message. Come meet Pastor Heidi, hear the Good Word, and fellowship with friends and family.
• Turning Point Pregnancy Center is hosting its annual 7-on-7 Flag Footbal Tournament on Saturday, Aug. 25 beginning at 8 a.m. at the Scottsboro Junior High School practice field. The cost is $100 per team. All participants must be at least 16 years old. To register online go to www.turningpointscottsboro.com or on game day at 7 a.m. at the field.
• Rainvsville First Baptist Church is searching for pictures of former pastors to be used for their 100th anniversary in 2014. For a list of pastors we do not have pictures of please contact Pat Cagle 256-623-7677 or 256-638-5107. Pastors pictures needed start 1923 to beyond 1984.
• Stitches From The Heart is looking for volunteers to knit, crochet or quilt blankets, little sweaters and hats for babies in need. These items are donated to hospitals all over the country. Patterns are available, and donated yarn is appreciated. For more information, call toll free at 877-985-9212 or e-mail us at StitchFromHeart@aol.com. The Web site is www.StitchesFromTheHeart.org.
• If you have family or a loved one buried in The Old Smith Cemetery, located behind the Aspel Methodist Church, or Zions Rest Cemetery, on Hwy 72, donations are needed for the upkeep of the cemetery. Please make donations to Sheila Griffith, 324 County Road 110, Scottsboro, Al 35768.
• Anyone having family or special loved ones buried in Flat Rock Cemetery, please help with the cemetery upkeep. Send donations to Dennis York, 21861 Alabama Highway 71, Flat Rock, AL 35966.
•Macedonia Cemetery is desperately needing funds. Please make donations to Macedonia Cemetery Fund % Sandra Jordan, 735 Co Rd 341, Section, AL 35771 or Russell Varner, Co Rd 340, Section, AL 35771.
THRIFT STORES/CLOTHING ROOMS
• The Broad Street Church of Christ Clothing Room will be open to the community on first and third Wednesday of each month. The hours are from 9-11 a.m. It is located across Broad Street from the Church office and Learning Center behind the Christian Youth Center.
• The Pleasant Hill Baptist Church Missions Closet Thrift Store, located 4379 County Road 71, Dutton is open Wednesday thru Saturday, from 9 a.m. until 4 p.m. Donations of clothing, furniture, household items and other items are appreciated. Profits go to help the needy in the community and fund locally, state and foreign mission work. For more information call 256-228-3050 during store hours.
• Faith Covenant Church of God Thrift Store is open daily from 9 a.m. until 5 p.m. in the Scottsboro Plaza next to JC Penney. All proceeds go to the church, missionaries in New Mexico and needy families in the community to provide clothes and food. All donations are appreciated.
• TNT Ministries Outreach has a thrift store located at 3009A Broad Street in Scottsboro. The store will be open Monday through Saturday from 9 a.m. until 5 p.m. Household items, clothing and other donations are accepted. For more information call 259-8056. Proceeds from the store will go to help the Outreach Ministries, which include helping the homeless, special homes and the needy.
• Saint Elizabeth Missionary Baptist Church holds Women in Action Christian Ministry meetings on the last Saturday of each month at the church from 9 a.m. until 10:30 a.m. For more information, call 574-5555. This is for women ages 18 and up.
• Prayer Encounters, a prayer group, meets every Thursday from 9 a.m. until 10 a.m. at Randall’s Chapel United Methodist Church.
• S.A.F.E., a Christ-centered recovery program designed to help individuals struggling with fear, anger, depression, anxiety, eating disorders, alcohol, drug addictions and other forms of emotional or addictive problems, is now being offered at Center Point Baptist Church (2094 Co. Rd. 21, Scottsboro) every Thursday from 6:30 p.m. until 8 p.m. This program is designed to help individuals gain tools needed to make permanent change in his or her life. This is open to any interested person. For more information, call 259-2488, 259-4139 or 259-9300.
• Caregivers Support Group will meet every second and fourth Thursday from 11 a.m. until noon at the Tennessee River Baptist Association, two miles north of Scottsboro High School on Highway 72. Any caregiver with a spouse or parent with Alzheimer's, cancer, etc. is welcome to attend. Please call 259-6135 with any questions. Anyone is welcome to attend.
• Jackson County Visually Impaired Support Group will meet every third Tuesday at 10:30 a.m. at Calvary Baptist Church. Members are asked to enter at the covered door facing Taco Bell. For more information, contact Joyce Shelton at 574-5813.
• Alacare Grieving Well series; a place to gather presents, drop-in grief support and education group, second Thursday of each mont 3:30-5p.m. at Alacare Scottsboro office; 19855 John T. Reid Parkway. These groups are for adults experiencing the death of others. Out gatherings are designed as a "safe place" for grief information and sharing stories. For more information, call 256-259-1325. There is no cost.
• Alcoholics Anonymous have meeting every Monday and Thursday at 7 p.m. at the First Baptist Church in Bridgeport. The AA meetings are all open, and all alcoholics and addicts are welcomed to attend.
• Alcoholics Anonymous — If you have a problem with alcohol or think you might; It works if you work it. Contact Bill at 256-244-0810 or Fay 256-259-1038 Scottsboro Basic AA has closed discussion MON, TUES, THURS, FRI & SAT at 8 p.m. Located 3003 East Willow St, Scottsboro.
• Women’s Open AA meeting every Saturday morning, from 9:30 to 10:30 a.m. at St. Luke’s Episcopal Church, 402 S. Scott Street, Scottsboro, Al. All women are invited. For further information please contact Suzanne C. @ 256-609-2172 or Pamela L. @ 256-361-7879.
• Syline Baptist Church, 1771 County Road 25, Focus Group Recovery class meets Fridays at 7 p.m. for Hurts, Hangups and Habits. Please join us.
• A Prayer Team meets regularly for the purpose of interceding for special needs. If you or someone you know is caught in an addictive lifestyle (drugs, alcohol, etc.) and you would like to have their name placed on a prayer list for regular prayer, please call 574-2504 or 259-4139 and give first names only. No last names please. If you would like to be a part of the prayer team, you can get information by calling the same numbers.
• Every Thursday Celebrate Recovery will meet at First United Methodist Church with dinner at 5:30, worship at 6:15, and small groups at 7:15 followed by coffee and dessert. Anyone with a habit, hurt, or hang-up is invited to attend and bring a friend. For a ride, call 574-1000.