SATURDAY, NOV. 16
• In commemoration of Native American Heritage Month, join Russell Cave for an unforgettable experience of traditional Native storytelling. This all day event will offer the chance to hear traditional stories, meet tribal members and learn about their various storytelling skills. Throughout the day, several members from the Eastern Band of Cherokee Indians and the Chickasaw Nation will present traditional stories for the public. Performers will include Kathi Littlejohn, Justice Littlejohn, Stephanie Scott, Buddy Parchcorn and John Toineeta. For more information, call 256-495-2672.
•Turkey Shoot at Flags, (East of Plainvew School) in Rainsville beginning at 9 a.m. everyone welcome.
TUESDAY, NOV. 19
• Medicare 101, a free program, will be held at the IMPACT Learning Center, beginning at 10 a.m. Don Ross Pate will present a basic overview of Medicare (Part A and Part B), Medicare D (prescription drug coverage), Medicare Advantage options for Medicare Supplemental Insurance, Alternatives to Medicare Supplemental Insurance, Medicaid and Medicare savings programs and other helpful resources. Call 256-218-2121 to register.
• The Scottsboro Library Board of Trustees and the Scottsboro Public Library will host a tea in honor of Arlene Grede for her 14 years of service to the library, from 2:30-4:30 p.m., at the Scottsboro Public Library. The public is invited to attend and join us in expressing our appreciation for her service to the library, its patrons and to the community.
THURSDAY, NOV. 21
• The annual Bridgeport Eastern Star Thanksgiving Dinner will be held at the Bridgeport Lodge, beginning at 4:30 p.m. Plates are $8 each. Take outs will be available.
MONDAY, NOV. 25
•The Jackson County Chapter 1901 of NARFE ( National Active and Retired Federal Employees) monthly meeting will be held at Western Sizzlin Restaurant on John T. Reid Parkway with a dutch treat luncheon at 11 a.m. Meeting will start at noon. Our speaker will be The Alabama Federal Blue Cross Representative account executive, Chris Alexander. Members and the public are invited to attend.
SUNDAY, DEC. 1
• The Lena Cagle Public Library in Bridgeport is hosting a book signing with author Jerry Shadow Wolf Davis, who will be signing his book, “Riding to Remember.” The book is about the history of the Trail of Tears ride. The event will be from 2-4 p.m. at the library, located at 401 Alabama Avenue in Bridgeport. Refreshments will be served.
SATURDAY, DEC. 7
• The annual CUBB Christmas Parade will begin at 11:30 a.m. in downtown Bridgeport.
• The Flat Rock Christmas Parade, featuring the North Sand Mountain Thundering Herd Marching Band, will begin at 10 a.m. Lineup at the club building by Flat Rock School is at 9 a.m. Churches, clubs, cars, trucks and more are invited to participate.
• The Skyline Christmas Parade will be held at 1 p.m. with lineup starting at 12 p.m. at Skyline High School.