SATURDAY, JULY 6
• The Jackson County Cruisers will be hosting the Scottsboro First Saturday Cruise-in, beginning at 5 p.m., around the courthouse square. Everyone who registers a car, truck or motorcycle will be entered in the cash giveaway drawings and also get one entry in the grand prize drawing which will occur at the Oct. 5 Cruise-In, but you must be present to win. There will also be 50-50 tickets giving you a chance to win half the money; the other half goes for backpack for kids to help feed children on the weekends. There is no charge to register a car and no charge for spectators. Come out and enjoy some good music, good food, good people and cool cars. Vendors are welcome.
TUESDAY, JULY 9
• Randall’s Chapel will host its annual salad day, from 11 a.m. until 1 p.m. Everyone is invited to come and enjoy a variety of salads. The church is located at the corner of Veterans Drive and Crawford Road. A donation of $6 will be appreciated. All donations support local/community missions. For carry-outs, call 256-574-6685. Bottled water will accompany carry-out orders.
THURSDAY, JULY 11
• IMPACT Learning Center will host a 3D Printing Across the Curriculum workshop, from 10 a.m. until 12 p.m. It is free. The presenter is Mary Waterhouse of Marshall County. She and her daughter will show teachers just how easy it is to add this exciting technology into your classroom. Contact Carolyn Deerman at email@example.com to register.
• The Jackson County Master Gardeners will meet at the Jackson County Senior Center, located on Rita Williams Drive in the Jackson County Park. Social time will start at 10 a.m. followed by the July program, “Wildlife and Urban Interface in Alabama,” with Coleen Vansant, of the Alabama Forestry Commission. The monthly business will follow. Invite a friend, bring a snack for social time and a gardening item for the drawing.
SATURDAY, JULY 13
• The Bridgeport Thriving Community team will hold a community event at the Bridgeport Depot Museum, located at 116 Soulard Square, from 10 a.m. until 1:30 p.m. This event is designed to spark collective feedback from community members, identify cultural assets and help the Thriving Community team to develop ideas. For more information, contact Chris Gunter at 256-495-4020, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
SUNDAY, JULY 14
• The annual Benefield Reunion will be held at the Tom Bevill Center in Rainsville, beginning at 10 a.m. Please bring what you would like to eat and pass this information along to any friends or relatives who would like to come. For more information, call Joann (Benefield) Stiefel-Browder at 256-845-3349 or 256-465-1078.
TUESDAY, JULY 16
• IMPACT Learning Center is hosting a summer workshop to learn more about earning National Board Certification. The workshop will be presented by Deanna West. It starts at 2 p.m. For more information and to register, call Carolyn Deerman at 256-218-2121 or email her at email@example.com.
THURSDAY, JULY 18
• IMPACT Learning Center will host a summer workshop for educators based on strategies used at the Ron Clark Academy, from 10 a.m. until 12 p.m. Participants will have an opportunity to receive a scholarship to visit RCA for a one day training. Contact Carolyn Deerman at firstname.lastname@example.org to register.
SATURDAY, JULY 20
• The Flat Rock Community is hosting a community yard sale, beginning at 6 a.m., at the club building by Flat Rock School. All spaces are free, and all are welcome to bring yard sale items, crafts, produce, etc. Vendors are welcome, too. We will have breakfast.
SATURDAY, AUG. 24
• The Scottsboro Lions Club will host its annual party at Goose Pond Civic Center with doors opening at 6 p.m. It will be a hot dog dinner followed by free bingo at 7 p.m. Advanced tickets are $12 and $14 at the door.